1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's ready for Psych?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Feb 23, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Sean & Gus return Feb. 29!

I'm surprised there was not a thread for this already.

Juliet (Maggie Lawson)? Soooooooo hot.

I'm not a "pineapple" person when it comes to the show, but it is much-see TV for me.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Bleagh! Dumbest show on television.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I always like Psych when I stumble across it, but I don't watch it or even know when it's on.

5. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I'll watch it. I like Psych and Burn Notice on USA, about the only appointment TV I make anymore. Psych is a bit formulaic, but I enjoy the Sean and Gus interplay. Plus, the show doesn't take itself too seriously, so that adds to the enjoyment factor for me.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like it... It's refreshingly light for a cops show.

Great cast that gets great guest stars.

7. spikechiquet

I was watching a roundtable on hulu once with the crew and they talked about whenever they find a dead body...there is always some joke made to offset the seriousness of death (without making a joke about death or the dead person). I never noticed that until then.
    I'm not a CSI/Criminal Minds guy, so for me this is a great mystery show. I just like all the 80s references. It seems like a fun cast.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The gf and I are big Psych fans. It's just enjoyable, feel-good TV for me. Happy it's back. Also happy any time I stumble across a psych marathon on ion or CLOO

9. turski7

turski7 Member

Big fan of the show. Last season was a bit down and seemed like they just slapped a few quick episodes to get a fall season in. I hope this season gets back to what has been working so well in the past.

10. spikechiquet

Best lines of the night:
    "You can no more do that than I can control my heroic instincts or that Gus can control his bladder during sexual intercourse"

"Dude if you suggest one more time Batman, I will pull out your eardrums."

"Could you put a value on your father?"
    "Yes, $387,000"

That's just the 1st 13 minutes. Great show.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

James Roday is getting too old looking to be the bratty crime solver. And they show way too little of the milfish chief. But has grown much less stale than Monk did during its dotage. And I was surprised to hear that the witness protection show (I'm blank on the title) is heading to its last season. I thought it had been off the air for a couple of years. I'm waiting for the return of Necessary Roughness myself.

12. spikechiquet

Is it wrong that I, as a almost 35-year old man of sound mind, wish that James Roday and Dule Hill could be my best friends?

Draft saved Draft deleted