1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's next for the Steelers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Trey Beamon, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Really smart coaches use schemes that maximize the ability of the personnel they have.

I didn't see much of the Steelers this year but their strength recently was outside linebackers who provided a good pass rush. They also had that blob of a nose tackle who occupied two blockers on his own.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Casey Hampton is a beast in the middle, for sure. Key to a good 3-4 in to make sure that the nose guard/tackle can occupy blockers so that anyone else can blitz.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And amazingly enough, there are some even bigger, fatter slobs playing nose tackle in the NFL than Hampton, who can actually move pretty well for his size.

The four linebackers are a strong point on defense, along with Polamalu at safety. More importantly, they lack the playmakers on the defensive line you need in a four-man front.

I would hope any new coach in Pittsburgh would be smart enough to stay with the attacking, 3-4 style and keep LeBeau on as defensive coordinator.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Crow tastes best topped with ketchup, I'm finding.

Draft saved Draft deleted