1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's next for the Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

You have to fault Huizenga signing a contract that allows Saban to leave with no financial penalty.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if Jim Bates will get an interview. I remember that Monday night game a few years back when they beat the Patriots when Bates was the interim guy...

3. printdust

printdust New Member

DID NO ONE catch the comment Huzienga made about seeking the input from those in the room (IE, media) about how Wayne's World can be a winning world? Sheesh. A megabillionaire asking writers for help?

But on the other hand, complimentary, I guess.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Even the joke about needing a bigger room for press conference the moment he stepped to the mic, he seemed like a class guy. He deserves a coach with far more class than Saban.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He did a great job with that high school team in the Nike commercial.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Lets remember that both times that Huizenga did a "real" coaching search (I'm not counting when he hired Wannstedt), he got the most-sought after and highly regarded guy available -- Jimmy Johnson and Nick Saban. I'm not sure who the stud candidate is this time around (probably Carroll or Weis), but look for Wayne to go at them hard.

7. doctor x

doctor x Member

Bear Bryant.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But in every state but Alabama, he's dead.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

What a great owner. He bought a World Series, then dismantled the team before the engraving was done after Miami-Dade refused to be held hostage.

Yeah, what a guy.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He also sued and ran out of business a tiny pizza store owner several years ago, claiming that "Clockbusters Pizza" was an infringement on his Blockbuster Video name.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Particularly considering he had that coach-killer Michael Vick on the team.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Why? Linehan's an offensive coach and Miami's offense is rather lackluster.

Draft saved Draft deleted