1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's next for the Dallas Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SCEditor, Jan 22, 2007.

1. da el g

da el g Member

http://nicksaban.wordpress.com/

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jones is interviewing Jason Garrett for the OC gig. So any HC won't be able to bring in his own people for the coordinator positions. Yep, sounds like Jones is looking for a puppet this time.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Larry Brown.

Either one -- the NBA's coaching nomad or lucky bastard Super Bowl XXX MVP -- will suffice.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No surprise there. I suppose after having to share some power for four years, Jones was eager to recoup some of it.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I just want this search to be over already.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'd be stunned if the Miles talk is anything more than the usual speculation. His stint with Dallas and the back-to-back 11-2 seasons he's had at LSU put him on the kinds of lists we like to throw out there at times like this, but I don't see it going anywhere.

7. Inky_Wretch

Oh no, I want it to drag out for weeks and weeks. I want coaches to turn Jones down left and right. I want him to have to hire his 10th choice for the job. I want Cowboys fans to suffer.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

And to think, I didn't mind Steelers fans for the most part. Thanks for changing my mind. :D

9. Inky_Wretch

Nothing personal, TD. Several of my friends and family are Cowboys fans. An uncle has season tickets at Texas Stadium and hangs out with Jim Myers, a longtime Dallas assistant coach (1962-86) under Landry.

But the smugness of some Cowboys fans grates on me when I'm visiting the Metroplex. I know all teams have those fans, but it seems like Dallas has more per capita.

10. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones Member

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I'm with you Inky.

I was born in Dallas, spent went to grade school and junior high in Houston and worked at three small Texas papers.

I've always thought that most football fans in other major U.S. cities were football fans first, and fans of their team second. Or very close, if the other way around.

Half the Dallas fans I know are fanboys pure and simple. Simpletons, too. Fuck 'em. And the burro upon which they rode.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Inky, was just having a bit of fun. To be honest, I tend to think of most Steelers fans the same way. I think we've had this conversation on another thread too.

I'm all for saying my team screwed the pooch, and I can get over it fairly quickly now (not so much back in the day). But, I don't consider myself a "fanboy." I know the history of my team, the tradition and I love the team for it, no matter who's on it.

But I do know what you mean about "those kind of fans." I usually detest them because all they know is the present and not the past. Or they tend to live in the past and ignore the present.

Draft saved Draft deleted