1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's next for the Dallas Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SCEditor, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Random internet hypothesizers are stating that Sean Payton is NOT a candidate.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Brother, please.......

It will be a high profile choice from out of left field.
    Who would have thought that three of the NFL's marquee jobs (Dallas, Pittsburgh, Miami) would have openings in the same offseason?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Big difference between selling Switzer and selling Nutt to the Dallas fans and media.

Of course, Nutt had problems this year with a meddling boss and a prima-donna player. So he'd feel right at home with Jones and TO.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm soooo thankful Bud Adams got off his considerable arse and signed Fisher to an extention...Oh, wait, Fisher HAS signed the extension, hasn't he????

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Perhaps, since each was hired in the same offseason. But Nutt was already inked by Arkansas before the NFL season was over and before Switzer was let go. Danny Ford was fired on Nov. 30 and Nutt was hired 3 weeks later.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Ty, you oughta be a syndicated sportswriter with a big 'ol paper somewhere.
    Damn!

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

It looks like Reeves is having a stroke and is losing feeling in his hand in that picture...

8. standman

standman Member

Here's the reason why I tossed him out there: Miles was on the Cowboys staff before he went to OSU and his teams beat higher ranked Oklahoma teams a couple of times. The mistake a lot of teams make in hiring guys from college is they have no idea what the NFL lifestyle is all about.

Just thinking out of the box.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Does Jones take a flyer on Sarkisian?

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Actually, I'll second the Les Miles suggestion.

He's a successful college coach with experience on the Cowboys' staff. If I were betting, that's where I'd be leaning right now.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Michael Irvin. The Cowboys are his favorite team don't you know?

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I just can't picture Les Miles leaving LSU. He doesn't strike me as a guy with itchy feet and he seems too low key to be an NFL coach. Y'all bring up good points about the fact he was on the Cowboys staff, but I just don't see it happening. Plus, he's got a damn good shot at a BCS Championship next season...why chuck that to deal with T.O. and Jerry Jones?
    And I'll admit, I could be very, very, very wrong on this one. Maybe I'm taking Miles for granted...

Draft saved Draft deleted