1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's next for Bama?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

ROFL. Yeah. And Saban would turn Bama into an immediate NC contender, just like he's got the Dolphins on the brink of the Super Bowl.

I hope he tries it, because it might precipitate something about 40 years overdue: a team owner bringing a massive breach of contract lawsuit against a coach, and suing the agent for conspiracy of breach of contract, at the same time.

College teams can't ever lift a finger when coaches start jacking them around to troll for better jobs, fucking up the future of the school's program by bailing out before the end of the season or bowl games, because "if they do, they will instantly become branded as a school which would stand in the way of a coach advancing his career, and you could never hire another coach, so no matter what happens, you can never ever lift a finger legally when a coach breaches a contract."

OK, that's fine, so colleges can never use that legal weapon when a coach is departing for a better job at a bigger school, or the NFL, because there is certainly no disputing he is, in fact, improving his career.

But here we got an NFL head coach, and director of football operations, threatening through his agent to jump to an NCAA job -- comparable to a guy managing in MLB threatening to jump to an AA or AAA managing job. There is no way to argue from a professional standpoint that the Alabama job is more prestigious than the Miami Dolphins.

And Wayne Huizenga doesn't have to worry if he sues the ever-loving shit out of Nick Saban and Jimmy Sexton, demanding treble damages to make sure to bankrupt the son of a bitch right down to the ground, and getting a binding injunction from a Florida-based federal court that will bar Nick Saban from coaching any football team above Pop Warner, until Huizenga damn well says he can, because Wayne Huizenga is the owner of the Miami Dolphins, and as such, he is the sole proprietor of one of the only 32 National Football League head coaching jobs in the world, so Wayne Huizenga could have Nick Saban and Jimmy Sexton executed at halftime at the 50-yard-line on national TV, and the next morning, he would still have 50 resumes on his desk for his NFL head coaching job.

Maybe that's the cannon shot needed to put the hammer on this bullshit.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Star, why do you hate the Alabama media who would be forced to deal with Satan's control-freak bullshit that already has to improve an athletic department that has to improve to be embarrassing? America?

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sorry, busuncle. I am testing a new Beta version of a sarcasm font that is supposed to be more subtle and brilliant than the previous version, but clearly it has some bugs that need to be solved.

Or maybe I just need to stop drinking and posting.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Dog,
    We hardly knew ye, but we miss you on the beat!

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Having covered five seasons of Saban coaching at a college that needed some housecleaning and some clarity of leadership, I can say Alabama is not ready for what would hit the Capstone if the man who came to be known within the department (in whispers, while looking over one's shoulder) as "Prick Satan" showed up to coach the Crimson Tide.

dog speaketh much truth.

6. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I remember a thread on this site entitled, "Best Place For an Ass-Kicking."

Nick Saban should have gone to each and every place mentioned. By himself. At midnight. And pissed somebody off.

7. busuncle

busuncle Member

No, the fault is mine. I think my online sarcasm detector can be dulled by drinking.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And the common theme in Johnny Dangerously and busuncle's posts is alcohol. Mmmmm, beer.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Swagger or not, if you piss off every coach in the state and then you have to recruit their players, that's not exactly an ideal situation, whether you're at UAB or UAT

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ya know, Wlat Harris ain't doing a damn thing right now.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Neither is John Cooper. He'd go 0-6 against Auburn, though. Maybe 1-5 against Tennessee.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Don Morton is available.

Draft saved Draft deleted