1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's next for Bama?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 9, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's Bob Golic with bling?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hey, I can't help it if Huizenga and his collective legal counsel have an aggregate IQ in the high double digits.

When you're hiring an inveterate liar, job-jumper and contract-breaker, who is breaking an existing long-term contract to come sign with you, and the first thing his agent does is insist on a clause in the contract which gives him an escape hatch to do the same thing to YOU, what does that suggest that they just might be planning to do??

Hmmm??? Yuh Think??

Unfortunately, in the real world, fucking morons often become billionaires.

They also become Athletic Directors. I'd just love to see the ejection-seat clauses in the steely rock-ribbed contract that crafty and canny negotiator, Mal Moore, wrangled out of Saban and Sexton THIS time. :D :D

Probably something on the level of this:

"At any point in the contractual relationship between the UNIVERSITY and the COACH, either party may terminate the relationship, upon the immediate payment by the UNIVERSITY to the COACH of a sum equal to the entire monetary value encompassed in the entire length of the contract. Such payment shall be in addition to any monies already paid to the COACH, and shall immediately and permanently satisfy all legal obligations of both parties."

Ya don't pull nothin' over on them smart guys. :D :D

[​IMG]

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

That's Ted DiBiase, the Million Dollar Man! You never watched Mid-South Wrestling as a kid! He would do stunts like give someone $100 to kiss his shoes, then he would say "Everyone has his price"

4. BitterYoungMatador2

::) I of all people should not need a sarcasm font

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

My bad. Ted DiBiase is now a preacher. Goes from church to church in the South and says "I was a million dollar man...but I wasn't worth a penny without Jesus."

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Just saying, your previous posts in this thread make you look like a complete douche.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, as usual, I've been 100% right from beginning to end. I never ever once said I KNEW what was in Saban's contract. I only based my remarks on what could be reasonably inferred to be in his contract, assuming it was negotiated on both sides by parties who were not complete fucking imbeciles. Whattaya know, that assumption proved to be false. ;)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At least Mal's getting money back on the jar of Vaseline...

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The inference wasn't reasonable. I noted that a week ago.

Everyone should go back and read this thread from the beginning and take stock of was looser fanboys some of you have sounded like throughout this whole thing. I would bet money some of the posters on this thread wrote columns saying Nick Saban wouldn't be leaving the Dolphins, and when it happened went batshit insane and started ripping him mainly because the bullshit you were floating here and in your respective media outlets were so far off the mark.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There you go, 10 years later ...

Inky_Wretch and Steak Snabler like this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

Sad to go through this thread and see how many posters - good posters, quality posters - we've lost in 10 years.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

RIP lost posters.

Draft saved Draft deleted