1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's next for Bama?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I asked this in the RR thread, but I think it can stand to be a separate thread...

RR has turned them down. Does Mal Moore go back to Saban? Does Joe Kines get a shot? Kragthorpe? Nutt? The head coach at Hoover High?

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I bet a call will be made to Saban's agent, but I think Alabama would look even worse if it had to pay $5 million a year to get a big-name coach.

He's never been a head coach, but I'd take a hard look at LSU offensive coordinator/QB coach Jimbo Fisher.

3. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Nutt would be nuts not to take Alabama (not that he'll get offered, but it's possible). He idolizes the Bear's legacy and Arkansas is about to be very unhappy with the way he is running off Mustain, Ark. high school hero QB. Even money.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Any chance Bobby Petrino finally is stupid enough to leave Louisville?

Though it would never happen ... does Mal Moore call Jimmy Johnson?

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

not for bama -- his next stop will be the nfl

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

They could do worse than Paul Johnson, but I'd hate for a good dude like him to get involved in that cesspool.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Not the right place, I guess, but did anybody notice that UAB's Watson Brown is finalizing a deal to be coach at ...

Tennessee Tech.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would be happy if anyone hauled Mark Mangino out of Lawrence.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What's the deal with Mustaine and Nutt?

10. footballworld

footballworld Member

I wish I was joking

I keep hearing about a High School Head Coach named Propst from Hoover AL

enjoy

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Isn't there some talk of him winding up at UAB?

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea, and I like Jimbo, but two things I think you can book about the next Alabama head coach: a) he won't be named Mike (as in Price or Shula) and b) will have already been a head coach somewhere. They're not going to hire another Mike for awhile (sorry, Mike Leach), and they're not going to hire another guy who hasn't been a head coach.

Jimbo would have been interested in the WVU job had Rodriguez gone to Alabama, but he's got other options.

Draft saved Draft deleted