1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's got the worst drivers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, May 21, 2009.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Hawaii is 49th? How do you figure?

There's barely anywhere you can drive.

2. doctorx

doctorx Member

Florida recruits heavily in New York and New Jersey.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Word for word. Michigan drivers are horrid, especially in the Detroit area.

4. KG

KG Active Member

One Sunday afternoon, we had the curtains pulled closed and were about to watch 13 Ghosts, when there was this horrid rumble and crash. We ran outside and an Expedition was sideways, completely inside the garage. Both vehicles (that had been parked inside for safety and protection) were totaled. On the way to my garage, the guy clipped a couple of pine trees, completely took down a 30 foot dogwood tree, turned a wooden a-frame swing into splinters and flattened a smoker-grill. But...my little, fake squirrel that had been on the landing of the stairs outside, which ended up at the back wall of the garage, only suffered minor scratches. MLINA

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!!

oh wait...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

I-94 between Chicago & Detroit is quite possibly the craziest stretch of city-to-city interstate I've ever driven.

7. Notepad

Notepad Member

Winner. Thread ends.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.bofunk.com/video/5927/drunk_redneck_gets_dui_driving_lawnmower.html

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Eh, everyone thinks the worst drivers are where they live.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Virginia 21st? Not where I live.

I'm on 95 five days a week. About the only state that 95 runs through where I haven't seen an idiotic driver is Maine, and that's because I hardly ever seen any Maine plates. RI would be comfortably second and DC folks, in my experience, aren't awful.

But Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, NJ, NY, Connecticut, Mass - I've seen double digits of dickheads from each.

So we all suck to a greater of lesser degree, I suppose.

11. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

China traffic is like taking New York traffic, putting hyperagressive teenagers behind the wheels of all of the cars, and arming them with horns instead of middle fingers.

After having ridden in Beijing traffic, I'd have no problem driving in New York again.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

As one of the few Rhode Islanders on this board, a majority of the drivers in this state do not understand directions, how to merge, what a stop sign is or how to be considerate for your fellow driver. My fiancee is a prime example of people who think they own the road and they're good drivers because they've never been in an accident, not realizing that they've been causing some along the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted