1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's doing what on Labor Day weekend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Aug 31, 2012.

1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Sorry not to get back to your response....yeah, found two, one in the groin and another in my abdominal area that when it surfaced felt like a hammer was dropped on my bladder..and the pain made me pass out...got the woo-woo drive to the ER....the second one wasn't found for a couple days.....but I had a filter put in when I had one put in a little more than 10 years ago so nothing was going to my heart, lungs or brain. The last one was from a running injury and grew so big they said it wouldn't ever go away. My thinking as to what happened last week is the original one floated to an area where it could kick some ass, and it did.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Beautiful Fall day in the mountains, ended up meeting in downtown Banff rather than at the overpriced hotel. Lots of people doing the same hike but still fun.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

did you get up to the overpriced hotel at all?

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

@Tom Petty

No go at the hotel. Our friends stayed there but met us downtown. 350 per night and they said the value just was not there for them anymore. I've never stayed there but have hit the overpriced albeit delicious brunch a few times.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

hope you had a glorious time.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Flew our asses off on Monday.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yikes. No fun. Sounds like it could have been worse though.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I contemplated the fate of the proletariat.
    I celebrated how much they have achieved and acknowledged how much further they still have to go.

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

They were perfect, weren't they? Except, in my case, the whole business about having to work. What the hell. They paid me to be there.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

One of my closest friends went up for the Christina Perry/Jason Mraz concert. And going to the races and getting drunk.

For me, I worked the day job Friday, covered a football game, woke up and covered a field hockey game, went to the lake, birthday party and saw The Band Perry.

I kept think that that this is what it must be like to have a life. I did laundry on Monday and took a four-hour nap.

Draft saved Draft deleted