1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's doing what on Labor Day weekend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Aug 31, 2012.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Three perfect days at Saratoga.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Phenomenal.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Going to see Ralphie and Cam.

Not exactly Bama-Michigan.

4. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Mow the lawn. Work. Dig up stuff around the house. Work. Dig up more stuff. Fantasy football draft. Then burn some stuff, maybe. I like to keep things flexible.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Currently, nursing a mild hangover. College football, baseball, a mild attempt at apartment cleaning and the Monday night duty in the forecast.

6. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Laying on my ass while rat poison rolls through my veins...but thankful I finally found out (the hard way) what my health issues were (two effing clots). Beer anyone?

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Work (Saturday afternoon and night) and Bruce (Sunday and Monday, with some tailgating before each show),

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What?

You OK?

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It's part of a national or provincial park. It may just be for parking, and that could be a new thing since the 80s. but the times I've gone I wasn't about to pay when I could go to Chesterman for free and with less of a touristy crowd.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've discovered two ways to not labor on Labor Day in journalism ...

1. Work as the crime/courts reporter, and get the day off because courts are not open.
    2. Become unemployed

I'm doing the latter this year.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I had a busy but great weekend. Covered prep football opener Friday night, then up at 5 a.m. Saturday for a 4.5-hour drive to my best friend's place. We caught an historic airplane show and then went to a World of Outlaws show at a dirt track I've been meaning to finally go to for 10+ years.
    Sunday I went to my old church for the first time in years, then drove a couple of hours for lunch at my dad's. We went across town to my brother's place for Wii games with my nephew and nieces, followed by dinner. When I left my dad's this morning he gave me a check to cover new brakes on my wife's car. Like I said, a great weekend. I'm very blessed.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

How'd that work out for you, IC?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted