1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's doing what on Labor Day weekend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Thought JR might have forgot to mention it, he is getting to that age y'know....

Brag about what? That you get to hang out with me? Nobody brags about that.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Outside chance of a trip to Tofino. Other than that, laundry, maybe go for a drive in the Jeep. Wallow in my loneliness. The usual.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Sorry about the loneliness but I'd kill for an outside chance at Tofino. Long Beach is amazing!

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Saturday: Up at 7 a.m.. At the bar by 8:30 for Notre Dame-Navy-Beer. Spend rest of the day drinking and orgasming while watching the first full weekend of college football.

Sunday: Sleep. Wake up and instinctively think it's the first Sunday of NFL season, only to be disappointed.

Monday: Spend my 34th birthday convincing myself that Virginia Tech will beat Georgia Tech that night. Watch game. Ultimately, end up half-drunk and bitter.

Typical.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Ah it is what it is.
    Long Beach is overrated, considering you have to pay to go there or at least park there. I prefer Chesterman Beach still amazing, but most importantly of all it's free.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

The daughter came in to visit. Going to watch the 'Horns game together tomorrow. Do a little girls shopping at the mall. Then do some shopping for new Texans merchandise. Then sit around on Sunday missing NFL football.

And sleeping. Lots and lots of sleeping.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm doing a 4 day Paleo weekend. Just completed 24 hour fast, now eating some lean turkey with broccoli, and tomorrow will go on a long slow hike around a volcano here in Albuquerque.

Yeah, I really know how to live it up as a temporary bachelor!

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm on Day 2 of a six-day weekend. I took a bus ride to New York that included the bus breaking down because it needed water, said breakdown giving me a chance to enjoy a little eye candy, and currently typing this in the apartment of my cousin while he does his 40-hour shift at the hospital.

Going to a cookout at my aunt's with my other cousin tomorrow and to an Indian restaurant with my first cousin on Sunday. Also trying to meet up with a friend before I leave for home Monday. On Tuesday, I'm going to the Nats-Cubs game at Nationals Park.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Or

Working Saturday, working half-day Sunday and planning to take Monday off (but will probably wind up putting in some hours).

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I expect to wake up Sunday morning clutching a near-empty fifth of bourbon, face glued to the pillow by melted Crimson-colored paint, boxers down around my ankles, penis at half mast, right leg and arm completely numb, Cheetos staining the front of my Crimson T-shirt slightly orange (more Tennessee than Auburn, thankfully), burnt-out cigarette sitting on my nightstand, hairy ass expelling gases no man should inhale.

And I'll be a thousand miles from the game.

Roll Tide.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

working around my mother's farm, smoking some brisket, drinking a little vodka and diet dr pepper and watching college football.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Didn't know that. I lived on the Island in the 80's and don't recall paying then.

Draft saved Draft deleted