1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's doing what on Labor Day weekend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Aug 31, 2012.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Let me live vicariously through you, please. I'm sitting here, trying to unearth money out of rocks (but learning the art of grant-writing) and have few plans for the holiday weekend.

BUT, there's no pressure and I've already started with the relaxed work atmosphere: I went to Target and bought a three-pack of "The Magnificient Seven," "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly," and the classic I just popped into the laptop, "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."

And I'm headed out to the lake on Sunday for a fish fry, so all's not lost.

What is out there this weekend for the SJ Nation?

(and apologies if this is a d_b)

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Baltimore for chocolate pate, pool, Hungarian teacup dwarf nudity, season 2 of The Walking Dead, sushi.

Normal stuff.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Grilling. Encouraging stranger's children to quit football. Grilling.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Drinking. Discussing theology with strangers. Watching football and dreaming of how I could have made the pros if only I'd been properly coached. Drinking some more.

Might be some golf and pool time in there, too.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Taking the kids and going for a hike here - Johnson Canyon, Banff, Alberta:

[​IMG]

Meeting friends for lunch here after that:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Cover college football Saturday.

Fantasy football draft on Sunday, which likely will include heavy drinking. Night could turn into a shitshow.

Recover Monday and watch the Hokies beat Georgia Tech.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

JR and I begin our summer vacation today. We're off to Manitoulin Island for a few days starting Sunday.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Work, work, work and ... work. No surprise ...

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Decompressing in Emporia, Kansas, after getting laid off and spending the better part of two days either flying in planes or waiting for planes. My younger brother is getting married on Sunday and I'm busy working up several pithy responses for when I inevitably get asked "so when are you going to get married?"

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sleeping, drinking, watching DVRed shit, fantasy football draft on Sunday, working from home on Monday.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

HC forgot to mention (maybe she doesn't know or chooses to forget) that Mrs. Huggy and I will meeting up with her and JR at their favourite establishment tomorrow night after I get my fill of college games during the day. Heading out Sunday to a pool party with friends and then the local OHL team's annual Labour Day Classic exhibition game on Monday. I will watch - maybe - while Huggy Jr. works.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Didn't forget. Just don't like to brag ...

Draft saved Draft deleted