1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's doing a lot of hires?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ateri, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ateri

ateri New Member

I hear a couple of jobs may be able to be filled at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch I know ESPN has several positions to fill.

Who else, besides the places looking to fill A job? With our business as bad as it is, I want to make sure my resume is in anyone's hands who may be in position to make more than just one move.

Do any such places exist in sports media - newspapers (doubtful), magazines, websites? Anyone been in touch with anyone specifically that's given them hope ... Or squashed their hopes?

Scary times. I want to be as proactive as possible.

Thanks in advance.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Try to give the Internets a call. They're somewhere in the phone book.

3. ateri

ateri New Member

Can always count on an idiotic response. Thanks for nothing. Specifics or don't respond please.

4. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Why do I get the feeling this will not end well ... :-X

5. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Here's an answer: Try doing some of your own fucking research instead of throwing out a sorry-ass, unfocused question like that.

Had you asked, "What can you tell me about print job prospects in St. Louis?" or "Which online sites seem to be hiring a bunch of people lately?" you would get lots of honest and sincere help from the membership.

Most of said membership, however, is too busy to answer lazily-formed inquiries like yours.

Maybe you and your 14 career postings should go practice on some Class AA or short-season A forum before toeing the rubber in the majors.

OK?

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

If you were to look in the next board down, the one called Jobs, it might point you to places that are hiring. That's what I'd do.

7. ateri

ateri New Member

Wow. Must be a tougher day than usual typing in girls cross country agate. Just too many names to check or is it because your boyfriend co-pilot there at the Wichita weekly is off this weekend?

Either way, I hope things pick up for you and that the promotion to Little League backup sidebar guy comes through for you, less smurfy.

Thanks for responding, you waste of life.

8. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Practice this question at length because you'll be using it extensively in the first 10 or 12 years of your working career:

"Do you want fries with that?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.