1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's creepier: Joe Simpson or Billy Ray Cyrus?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 18, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sorry. I just misunderstood the compliment.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Guilty of trying to figure out the connection with Joe Simpson the Braves' broadcaster...

especially seeing as how I remember watching his daughter play basketball several years back and thinking she was pretty good looking.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

The kids love the Miley Cyrus (I think the 12-year-old more than the eight, for obvious reasons), so I can say this:

Miley Cyrus is an adorable girl who lives in the suburbs with her single dad and sweet, yet annoying, brother. She has a best friend and may, or may not, have a love interest at any given time. Miley's big secret is she's also a world-famous teen star, a singer named Hannah Montana. Her costume involves a wig, some fancy clothes and little else. Really, it's pretty obvious, but Disney asks children to suspend belief and, so, they do.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

OK. I thought Hannah Montana was a real person and was Miley Cyrus' sister. Damn that Billy Ray Cyrus and his mind tricks!

5. Mr. Simpson is infinitely creepier, but Billy Ray's biggest pox on humanity wasn't "Achy Breaky Heart." It was "Doc." The man has acting range that runs the gamut all the way from A to B.

6. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I think it's Joe Simpson, easily. I would not be surprised in a few years we see both Simpson girls on Oprah talking about how their dad sexually abused them. He just seems like a really creepy guy who oogles his daughters and uses their looks to his advantage.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"This is not the mullet you are looking for."

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jenna Jameson's father should probably be in this discussion.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

damn solid.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, it's Simpson, easy.

Cyrus is a moron trying to cash in on his one talented kid and get himself back in the spotlight. That just makes him the typical loutish kid celeb parent.

Simpson hails from the Joe Jackson style of parenting. He pulled his second daughter out of something she was truly good at to make her follow in her sister's footsteps, when there was no indication she wanted that. Interestingly enough, her <i>taste</i> in music is much better than her sister. She just has no singing talent.

Most people who meet Ashlee Simpson like her and sympathize with weird journey. She's a pretty good kid, actually. One day I imagine she will have a very interesting autobiography ghost written for her.

Jessica Simpson's personality is...much harder to appreciate. As an episode of that moronic show of hers proved, she's the kind of person who sings for four hours for Donald Trump on the night of her anniversary cause that's what her dad wants.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What'd he do?

Draft saved Draft deleted