1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's creepier: Joe Simpson or Billy Ray Cyrus?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 18, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

With every career "move" Miley Cyrus makes, Billy Ray gets creepier and creepier. That Vanity Fair thing was eight levels of skeevy.

Now I see he's hosting some horrible American Idol knockoff on NBC called "Nashville Idol," which is more evidence he's exploiting the hell out of his kid to regain some semblance of the fame he enjoyed during the Achy Breaky summer of '92.

So who's worse? The guy who ogles his daughter's mammoth breasts or the guy who portrays himself as the protective, been-there-done-that father who is nonetheless using his daughter to make himself viable again?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm sitting here thinking, "How does the broadcaster play into this one??"

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're gloriously unhip, Moddy.

But that's why we like you. :D

4. Simpson, with Cyrus gaining ground.

5. Moderator1

This early-morning concert series in NY? We go later this summer and - the Cyrus kid is on. We miss Sheryl Crow by a week.
    Daddy still got that mullet?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's got the wishy-washy mullet going on.

[​IMG]

My hair is SORTA long in the front and on the sides, so it's not a mullet! Yet it's all even, proving that I'm moderately all-business and moderately all-partying!

What a skeev.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Moderator1

[​IMG]

"I need those Vanity Fair leftovers, stat! Or something we can claim are the leftovers. You know the number, send 'em to the ol' cell banana."

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap. That will never get old, coming from you.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think the cyruses went into this knowing the shelf life of a child star doesn't last all that long. i think all parties involved are in it to make every damn penny they can and live the rest of their lives unable to spend all that coin.

i think both cyruses dissapear in seven years, never to be heard from again ... which is the way (i think) the family planned it.

but maybe i'm giving them too much credit for being incred. smart.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Gotta give you credit, Tomas, for once. You nailed this for what it was months ago.

you're still tits on a bull useless, but hey you got one right. :)

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

tits is tits, my friend. ;)

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Leave Whitlock out of this, Tomas.

Draft saved Draft deleted