1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whoops...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

So here's my story.

I'm doing a feature on joe recruit. Spoke with him last week, feeling good about the article because getting in touch with the coach is typically 1,000 times easier than getting in touch with the kid. The hard part is over, I think.

Then the coach won't return my calls. I leave about a half-dozen voicemails and my deadline is approaching. I come into work today and I'm cursing a blue streak about this guy. "He's paid to be this kid's coach, he should call me back, he's a grown adult" blah blah blah. General frustration. We've all been there.

I get a call about 10 minutes ago from the coach. Why hasn't he called me back sooner? "I just buried a player, and it's been a tough week." Goes on to tell me that they lost two grandparents and one parent on the team this week as well.

Boy, do I suck. How often has this happened to you?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Three or four times a week, it can be a real hassle.

Draft saved Draft deleted