1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whoooOOOOPPPP??? WOOOOoooooooo!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Comma Chameleon, Jun 1, 2007.

1. New pitcher warms up. Fans of the other team make those sounds -- the first when the pitcher throws, the second when the catcher throws it back to him.

WTF is that supposed to mean? That's always bugged me. I guess they're mocking the pitcher? To me, if what you do to mock the other person is more embarrassing than what you're mocking, you probably shouldn't do it. And why this happens at any level above Little League, I'll never know. It really smacks of youth league nonsense. Or is it funny or clever in any way? Just saw (or heard) it at an NCAA baseball regional. I was embarrassed for the fans that did it.
  2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It used to happen all the time at the Kingdome in the late '80s and early '90s. I always figured it was because there was no point in watching the action on the field, so Mariners fans wanted to get involved in some way.
  3. And usually everyone's pretty drunk by the time the middle relievers are coming in ..
  4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

sounds like people are showing their stooooooooopidity.....
  5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

The meaning is, you're throwing pus up there. No sizzle on your shizzle.

The Edddd-gaaarrrr jeer cheer made even less sense. It's a Seattle thing, I wouldn't understand. ???
  6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, comma, the banana is dancing again!
  8. Hustle

Hustle Guest

They're Woooooooooooooot fans. They just don't know it yet. (fucking addiction)
  9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Active Member

Neither funny nor clever ... definitely annoying.

One of the Legion baseball teams I covered a few years back started doing that. Their coach nixed that on Day 1, saying, "Stop it. Don't be that team."

He was always one of my favorites.... ;D
  10. NASCAR version: People that stand up and wave their fingers to the right as the cars pass. Are the drivers going to get lost on the way to the next left turn if you're not pointing the way?
Draft saved Draft deleted