1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! I Finally Reached 1,000 Posts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I have been waiting the last two days for just the right thread to make my 1,000th post on, but as the search continued on and on, I just couldn’t find one worthy enough. So. . . I’m going to take my thoughts on a number of threads to create my perfect topic.

After all, with this post, I am now the 198th person out of the 6,746 members to join the 1,000 post club (or about three-percent of the membership).

I am looking forward to the next 1,000-post club meeting (is it Monday night or Tuesday night?). Do I have to bring anything (besides a Yuengling for the other 197 members)?

It has taken at least 11 days, 21 hours and 12 minutes of my life – and that is only the count since the new-and-improved SportsJournalists.com started counting.

Congrats to Supernintendo Chalmers for being the 197th person to reach the milestone (I think it happened earlier today). I’ll never get to 10,000 because I don’t have that many interesting things to say.

As for the rest of the current threads:

Andy Taylor could never, ever work for George Bush.

I wish I could find Rachel Ray when she is drunk like she was the other night.

Forget the F__K You Peyton Manning part, thank you for showing me the KissMeSuzy website. After all, Peyton will be having his last laugh long after Joe Theisman finally figures out that Suzy doesn’t want to be kissed.

I had a chicken burrito from Chipotle tonight. Black beans, mild sauce and sour cream with a side of chips and salsa. I took time to dip the chips into the burrito filling. Mmmmm.

I scored a 9 out of 6 on the shemale test. Guess I won’t be going into any shady bars/strip clubs for awhile.

I like the idea of a sarcasm font, but I usually take most of what is said with a grain of salt (whatever the hell that means).

It isn’t illegal to gamble with an offshore company. It is illegal to get the money back from them if you win (or to set up a balance in your account). It is kind of like convicting Capone. The government couldn’t get him for murder so that opted for tax evasion.

The “N” word should be outlawed. And, since I work with a very diverse group, I would appreciate it if blacks (or African-Americans or person of color or persons without color. . . whatever the appropriate term is now) wouldn’t use that word in my presence.

I chose my SportsJournalists.com name to honor IJAG, who I think that I have met during the course of my work and whose posts I liked the most on this forum. So, after lurking for months, I finally made my first post on an IJAG thread. (Unfortunately, those wonderful words of wisdom are now gone forever, lost in one of the many SportsJournalists.com site problems). EDIT: I am not an IJAG stalker however.

Even though I make a sarcastic George Bush or Donald Rumsfeld comment here and there, I avoid the political threads like they are the plague.

I stopped watching The Amazing Race, but I will watch the Amazing Race All-Stars this year just to see Rob and Amber (actually, I only want to see Amber),

I hate FOI’s. . . especially since I am usually the person who has to dig through a file to track down the information.

Facebook is a living hell for SIDs so thanks for agreeing that it is wrong to use photos of athletes from it. I peruse it now and then to make sure our athletes aren’t getting out of line and I am constantly amazed at what they are willing to put up there. WOW!!

Regarding the Go Black People thread, I’m tired of people asking for black firsts. Had a black quarterback start a game recently and a writer wanted to know how many black quarterbacks had previously started. My answer was that I stopped counting after one and that the guy wasn’t a black quarterback to me, he was a quarterback.

I wish the media would go back to reporting the news and stop being part of the sports entertainment world. Sorry Whitlock, I wish The Sports Reporters had never been started. Now we’ve got too many media members/writers who are more interested in being the story and that sucks for all of you who aren’t.

That’s all I have for now. I’m going to save the rest so that I can some day get to 2,000.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Congrats.

3. Just_An_SID

One of my favorite pictures (besides of course the pancake bunny). Thanks.

4. Maybe by the time you get to 2,000 posts you'll figure out proper use of the quote function. ;)

5. Just_An_SID

I fixed it thanks.

It is always great to be sarcastically reminded that you made a mistake.

Also, regarding the Rachel Ray-Giada thread, how about they mud wrestle? Rachel would kill her.

6. three_bags_full

Rookies. 8)

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Does this mean we have to care about the track team now?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Did somebody say they liked the pancake bunny?

Congrats, SID!

[​IMG]

9. Just_An_SID

Personally, the only thing that I dislike more than track, is field.

You have my permission to ignore it.

10. three_bags_full

Nicely done.

11. Just_An_SID

That's what I'm talking about.

This is a PG thread so Linda Cohn's beaver might need to stay off it.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How many white cornerbacks have you had?

Draft saved Draft deleted