1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whoo! My Boys marathon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Get ready for the new season ... anyone? anyone?

No, right?

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm watching it, but Doc says I'm notorious about liking bad TV.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How long can the marathon be, there were only, what, two episodes?

Chick sportswriter with lots of guy friends and no deadlines needs cute top....chick sportswriter with lots of guy friends and no deadlines screws rival beat writer.

I think that was it.

An affront to estrogen.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I thought about it but Where the Heart Is is on Bravo.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I saw it and immediately flipped to CFL.

I never really thought about it, but Saskatchewan is a hell of a word to spell. I keep wanting to put a Z or two in there. In any event, they're beating Edmonton by the only-in-the-CFL score of 14-1.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If Doc thinks The Office is bad TV, he is dead to me. By the way, when does the new season start?

My Boys was OK. A few tired, stereotypical sportswriter cliches — especially her calling the team she covers "my favorite team" — but it's not a horrible show. It's something men and women can watch together.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Riders are a contender ... and are you watching a replay?

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It must be, it's a regional sports channel down here and the game started at noon, which if live would mean I think 10 a.m. Saskatchewan time. And you Canadians might be loopy, but not playing-football-at-10 a.m. loopy.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

The CFL only plays on Sundays later in the season when it can put itself in competition with the NFL.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'd watch curling before watching that piece of dog poo. It's amazing how that girl has all this free time despite working a major league beat.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I have "free time" like one month a year as a college beat guy.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yeah. It is. But then I'm sure lawyers say the same thing about The Practice or Boston Legal. I will say the main character is hot, but that's not enough to make me watch. There are hotter women on better shows to keep my attention, if and when I actually have time to watch TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted