1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whom do you boycott?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jul 31, 2012.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm intolerant of the intolerant. And, in the interest of full disclosure, clowns freak me out.

2. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

Not a person, but the word whom. Never been a fan. Proper usage be damned!

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Management at work.

We had a social function where eight of us went to a local spot to hang out, as soon as one of the managers walked in, I bailed.

He asked me about it at work, I told him flat out I can never be friends with managers.

Cynical yes, but that's how I operate.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Those who always are the victim. I have room in my life for just one of those, she's my sister.

The self righteous who refuse to believe their may be more than just their one view point in the world.

Hypocrites.

Liars.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'll ban you if you're deliberately inconsiderate to another of my friends in my presence. A guy I'd known 20 years got crossways with a lady friend of mine in 1996, wouldn't apologize and I have seen him twice since then, at two funerals I could not avoid.

I do not care for the overly religious sort. The church I grew up in, we thought piety was generally a private affair. A kid I know on Facebook wanted all of us to pray for his girlfriend after her knee surgery. I preferred to think that might be best saved for when she had something really seriously wrong, and/or when they were married. They broke up about a month later. Kids.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I boycott people who are energy vampires, those who suck the life out of you with their constant complaining about their lot in life, say how everything is someone elses fault, and are rarely possitive about anything.

Unfortunately for them this includes my parents. Life is too short to put up with that kind of BS.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Cynical? It's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Greenhorn didn't start the fire.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Somebody made me agree with YF. I guess that's something.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

If you worked where I worked you'd get why I feel this way. Managers in this company will stab you in the back so quickly. They all wanna get ahead and don't care how they do it.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who doesn't want to get head that badly?

Oh, a-head. Never mind.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Any managers? Or just your current ones?

Draft saved Draft deleted