1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who'll buy Gannett?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressmurphy, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Just as long as he never does that in one of his stories. :D

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet Gannett employees are just praying the chain gets sold...

3. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

how long would it take Yahoo! to start screaming about the cost of newsprint and how their profit margins ONLY 28 percent

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

from poynter:
    CEO: "A change in control of Gannett is not in the works"
    "Or even anticipated," says Gannett CEO Craig Dubow, responding to reports in Deal Journal and footnoted.org. "This handful of bloggers made some incorrect assumptions about information in our quarterly filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. ...What we were doing is making routine amendments to our bylaws and compensation plans."

http://poynter.org/forum/view_post.asp?id=12780

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Craig Dubow, a loser in almost every way, says suck it the Wall Street Journal, this reportedly went out to every Gannett employee in a company wide e-mail

"...This handful of bloggers made some incorrect assumptions about information in our quarterly filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. None of the bloggers called and checked with us before speculating that we were preparing for a sale. We are not.
    "What we were doing is making routine amendments to our bylaws and compensation plans. Many of these revisions were mandated by newly adopted IRS rules about deferred compensation.
    "The word "amendment" is important here. We updated plans that already were in effect. Actually, our plan for dealing with a change of control has been in place since 1990. It's been amended on occasion before and reported on over the years.
    "So, stand down. Relax. Gannett - along with the media industry - is facing some tough times but we are actively and aggressively moving forward with our strategic plan. We are seeing success and creating more of it everyday.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I won't relax until the beast is dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted