1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who'da thunk it: Fla. Int'l in scheduling hassle before Isiah coaches a game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Aug 25, 2009.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Isaiah Thomas = eyeballs, or at least that's how I imagine the thinking went.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's actually an eight-team deal.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anybody who would allow their son to be "mentored" by Isiah Thomas, indeed, is a horrible parent.

Unless they think their son needs "mentoring" in incompetence, responsibility evasion, scapegoating, backstabbing and sexual harrassment, in which case he's your Obi-Wan Kenobi.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

You're right. And I'm certain you carry the same feelings for the Rick Pitino's and John Calipari's in the NCAA as well.

Tell me how you really feel about Zeke.

5. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Member

Those are the MSG teams... Coaches vs. Cancer has regional pods, not unlike the preseason NIT. Isiah and FIU are one of those pod hosts, and every team they host is a mid-low major.

Four more teams play their way to MSG out of these pods.

6. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

FIU says they never agreed to play UNC.

Yeah, well, maybe you shouldn't have signed a contract that gave the tournament organizers the right to pair you with Ohio State or UNC. That contract doesn't vanish just because you were told you would play OSU and you've been promoting, preparing, talking about that.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

A valid point. The very fact that FIU was invited attests to the positive benefits the Isiah publicity has drawn for the program.

Of course, they're now doing their best to turn that into a negative by publicly whining about having to play a good team. Let's see when they get invited again.

Draft saved Draft deleted