1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who'da thunk it: Fla. Int'l in scheduling hassle before Isiah coaches a game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4422145

Undoubtedly Isiah's glittering record of basketball administration in Toronto, New York and with the CBA prepared him well for just such a situation. ::) ::)

Like it makes any difference anyway -- lose by 40 to UNC, maybe by 25 to OSU.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

uh, how is any of that Isiah's fault?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The throw-a-tantrum response: "if we are forced to play UNC, we're pulling out; if we are allowed to play Ohio State, we'll stay in."

Guaranteeing Ohio State will probably make every effort to run the score over the moon on their asses.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Who'da thunk it: Fla. Int'l in scheduling hassle before Isiah coaches a gam

I don't know why you would be.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I had the same thought. This very easily could be taken as a bulletin board insult by the Buckeyes. Oh you thought it'd easier to play us.... He's setting himself up for a beating either way.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Here's hoping the Buckeyes or the Tar Heels or whoever beats them by 50.

7. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I guess you're under the belief that a coaches lack of success in the professional ranks correlates to what they may do in college.

I hope Isiah brings in 5-star recruits in the future. I look forward to some "those are horrible parents" posts from you in the future.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Coaches bitch and whine about this type of stuff all the time. I know of several coaches who have said their teams will only participate in the preseason NIT if they are guaranteed to have two home games.

It makes the news because it's Isiah. It's not a big deal on any level.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

While I can understand Isiah's point, it likely won't matter much and all it did was give Thad Motta all he'll need for that pregame speech.

FIU wasn't beating Chapel Hill, but its chances of knocking off Ohio State were almost as remote.

10. Mizzougrad96

Isn't it already pretty insane to have a mid-major get an invite to something like Coaches vs. Cancer?

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Pretty much. While some in here will focus on the final score, others with common sense will look at the amount of exposure a mid-major is getting and how it's to their future benefit.

too bad personal dislike and hope for failure clouds common sense.

12. Mizzougrad96

Who is the fourth team invited?

Draft saved Draft deleted