1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whoa, nice little Twitter pissing match in Chicago between Greenstein, DeLuca

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, May 10, 2011.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Grab your popcorn and take a gander at what's going on between @TeddyGreenstein and @ChrisDeLuca.

Journalism catfight at its finest.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I know nothing of either of these guys... but DeLuca is not getting the best of this. Looks like a jackass.

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Not to oversimplify, but is DeLuca's take that even though Greenstein had that Northwestern was working on a longterm contract for Fitz four months ago, he didn't have that much detail? Did Sun-Times have any details beyond length of contract? Nobody's reported specific financial terms, right?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Another one of these stupid feuds? You would think that professionals who work with words would be more careful in how they use them. The gap between "journalists" and anyone with computer access and a big mouth continues to close. Rapidly.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

These are both journalists by any definition. They're just journalists misbehaving publicly.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Greenstein appears to be more correct in substance, but I find it hard to take a man seriously when he clings to a little boy's name.

7. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

Weren't there a couple writers from these same papers in a pissing match earlier this year, over some White Sox signing and who had it first, etc.?

If I'm the bosses of either of these guys, I'm wondering if they have better things to do with their time, other than act like 5-year-olds about who had a story first (something that 95 percent of their readers probably couldn't care less about).

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Joe Cowley of Sun-Times has gotten a lot of fun out of Tweeting and tweaking the SE at the Tribune (can't recall guy's name).

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think it's good for both papers. Readers actually like this sort of thing, at least on the sports desks. And it's nice to see a city where the papers actually are trying to compete instead of working out content sharing agreements and slowly becoming one entity.

Draft saved Draft deleted