1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHOA! .... Bill Conlin resigns amid child molestation investigation

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A tangent, but it seems once folks turn 60, they are never their age in stories. Always "will be 63 in May" even if May is nine months away.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Maybe it's the difference between South and North. Aunts/uncles, cousins, grandparents are no different than your mom and dad or siblings. There is no way you wouldn't know them.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Who does first?

Paterno
    Sandusky
    Conlin

Has to be a book somewhere taking odds.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My wife would have no idea if her cousins on her dad's side of the family have children. She barely knows their names.

5. I hope Barbara Healy's husband used some of his temper on his wife.
    God help my wife if she did something like that and it happended to another of my children.

I'll bet more victims come forward. I'll bet the fucking farm on it. These guys don't stop.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Head's swimming. And it's not the percocet.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Three of my four cousins on my mom's side of the family have children, and I don't know any of them. I saw them at my grandmother's funeral three or four years ago, but won't remember their names if I ever see them again, which I probably won't.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yet the BBWAA will probably keep Barry Bonds out of the Hall of Fame.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Good connection there. Yeah, how about that.

10. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Actually, it is:

"When I am King of the World..."

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have one aunt I haven't seen in 20 years, and another I haven't had any contact with in 30+ years. She has 5 kids and I assume they have families of their own, but I have no idea. It's not hard to utterly lose track of a relative when it's someone you don't give a damn about.

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I want to say simply that I have a little more first-hand knowledge of such matters than I'd care to, and the fact these kids didn't come forward as, well, kids is absolutely zero surprise to me and means absolutely nothing with regard to how true or untrue their claims are. There are several really good books on the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.