1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who you callin' a corksoaker?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Oct 10, 2008.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Sweet may be all for the best, tbf. When I was a kid, family friends of ours made wine. These were two older ladies: sisters, spinsters, schoolteachers. Straight out of central casting (if you pick the kind, fluttery option). Of course, alcohol never touched their lips. But ladies could drink their own homemade wine. Their weapon of choice was dandelions.

I don't know if choppers use av gas, but if they do and you ever run out, you just find some dandelion wine.

2. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Dandelion wine is nector of the gods. A sure and certain sign of spring. Te only thing better is honey mead. That'll bring out the Thor in you.

Country wine. Check
    Trotline. Check
    Bambi-slayer. Check
    Fish-gutter. Check
    Snake-skinner. Check
    Catfish-noodler. Check

All I needs is a pick-em-up truck and a Plott hound, and I be a red-blooded-by-god shitkicker.

Yeeh-Haw

3. Muscadine wine is great. My wife loves it.
    My dad makes gallons of homemade wine every year. Not too bad either.
    High hangover content though.

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

As a wine fan, I'm interested in this although I've never even attempted anything like it. Interesting to read all this stuff though. Any chance of posting recipes?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Johnny's getting laid again!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

1 quart of mashed fruit
    5 cups of sugar
    1 package of yeast

Add all the ingredients to a 1-gallon container (I used glass). Fill it with water to about two inches from the top and stir well. Stir every three days and strain the fruit on the ninth day. Continue to stir every three days and bottle on the 18th day. If it's white wine, ferment it in a cool, dark place. Red wine likes a warmer fermentation.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Hmm. Cool. I might try it with blackberries or something.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I mentioned that to Mrs. TBF last night, but I don't really care to pay 26 bucks for a quart of blackberries.

Draft saved Draft deleted