1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who would win in a fight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Was thinking about this today for some random reason (I haven't been watching "Fight Club," I swear) and thought it might be a fun topic to while away the time whilst waiting on college basketball games to finish up.

If you could watch any two people -- real, fictional, historical -- duke it out in a no-holds-barred death match (or just one with stipulations), who would it be and why?
    The only rule I'll throw out there is that you can't pit fictional characters against real people. So Mike Tyson circa 1987 vs. Joe Frazier circa 1975 is OK, but Ivan Drago vs. Muhammad Ali is not. Christopher Reeves' Superman vs. Bill Bixby's Incredible Hulk is acceptable, but The Incredible Hulk vs. Dr. Ruth is not.

My topic, so I guess I'll go first and use the Tyson-Frazier fight I mentioned above.
    I think it'd be a hellacious, three-round slugfest with each guy trading bombs until one of them falls. Tyson, at that point, was at his peak. He could kill you with one punch. Frazier could take that punch and just keep coming. He was a wrecking machine. In the end, I see Tyson getting sloppy and the more polished, tested Frazier taking advantage of his mistakes to drop Tyson in the third.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

MisterCreosote vs. dooley_womack1. I could write 500 words analyzing this fight.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Richard Simmons vs. RuPaul: I think RuPaul's superior reach and masculinity advantage could challenge Simmons early. But Simmons' boundless energy and annoying patter would wear down RuPaul late. I'd give it to Simmons in 11.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Andre the Giant vs. Rampage Jackson or fill in your favorite MMA guy.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would noogie him out of commission by Round 6

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

7. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Adolph Hitler, circa 1933 vs. a lion who hasn't eaten in a week.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Barry Bonds vs. Roger Clemens

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

All of us.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ethan Hunt v Jason Bourne

12. Matt Stephens