1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who would win in a fight Phil Simms or Desmond Howard?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I bow in your general direction.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

All I know is, never bet on the white guy. {Frank Drebin}

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

yup, you are correct, sir, my bad. totally blanked on phil going off when someone questioned chris simms 'toughness.' the charge was absurd but phil's reaction was surprising given all the other stuff chris was being picked apart about...

but your second point, that phil is 'an ass, plain and simple,' is NOT correct, sir. and you know what? as far as mistakes go, if phil's worst after many years as the top nfl analyst for cbs is that he went off a couple of times defending his sons, well, that doesn't earn him 'ass' statusarg; it just means he's very protective of his sons, a charge he need not have to apologize for, imo.

does his alleged behavior saturday require an apology to howard? absolutely -- it was neither the place nor the time to confront desmond.

4. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Those "sirs"; does it mean the same thing it does when Lou Piniella and Keith Olbermann use it?

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I will say, that while Simms was a little thin-skinned on this one, at least he went to Howard and stepped to him like a man. Howard going to twitter and saying "bring it on," or "I'm right here" is a pretty pussy move. If he was "right here," he would gone at with Phil right then.

Be a man, Desmond. Right or wrong, at least Simms acted like one.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Going up to someone and threatening to punch them is not being a man. It's being an asshole.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Worrying about what someone else is saying, whether about your son or anything, is being an a-hole.

Don't worry about what someone else says.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Desmond should have gotten a snowball.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sorry. I've been directly behind Phil in a line at Newark Airport when his flight to Kansas City was delayed, and he treated the check-in individual like mouse feces. After that display, he took a seat, glowering at everyone like a 4-year-old who just got his juice box snatched. Pouty, pouty.

10. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

Simms would land 20 of 25 punches, but they'd all be dink-and-dunk body shots. Howard, after doing nothing for 20 minutes, lands one haymaker and wins.

But I agree that Phil has little argument about his son and the comment Desmond made.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

To Phil's credit when he appeared on Mad Dog live he did own up to Howard dust up and said it was a mistake on his part.

He could have easily gone the root of saying it did not happen.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Except the world already knew better.

Draft saved Draft deleted