1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who would win in a fight Phil Simms or Desmond Howard?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Feb 5, 2011.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Phil-Simms-threatens-Desmond-Howard-at-NFL-Exper?urn=nfl-317316

My money is on Desmond.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Isn't he already used to people calling his son a crappy QB?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Simms by first-round KO. But the matchup I want to see is Simms-Craig James.

4. greggdoyel

greggdoyel Member

Me. Duh.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Glazer.

6. greggdoyel

greggdoyel Member

No question. He's a walking fire hydrant.

7. mb

mb Active Member

In a fight between Phil Simms and Desmond Howard, we're all winners.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Phil ran the same kind of interference for Chris, and it only perpetuated Chris' image as a softie. Dad needs to STFU.

This does lead to a larger revelation, though: It appears Desmond Howard said something relatively intelligent on air. First I've ever heard of that happening.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Chris has guts. Can't play much, but has guts.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

shame on me for not even knowing matt simms played a great deal for tennessee this season. considering he wasn't half the prospect out of h.s. his brother chris was, i'm pleasantly surprised to see he didn't put up dreadful numbers.

that said, considering how phil always did a pretty good job of not commenting on chris during the southpaw's texas career and shaky nfl experience, it surprises me to hear phil accused of being thin-skinned about matt, especially considering dad's high-profile with cbs, his own experiences surviving criticism as a qb in the n.y. market, etc.

i'll be interested to learn more details as this story is flushed out, as it surely will be...

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Desmond's usually a watcher.
    I remember one occasion, after he won the Heisman, where we were both watching the same rec game in Ann Arbor. His buddies against mine, a bunch of golfing, beer-swilling, 30-somethings.
    Pushing and shoving ensued and he stood up and yelled "GET THE WHITE BOYS! KICK THEIR ASSES!" never once advancing toward the court.

That said, my money's on him. Simmsy's spent too much time with Jimmy Whitebread WASP...

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mini-Ditka

Draft saved Draft deleted