1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who would be on your enemies list?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Mar 7, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

The sixth grade teacher I had who told me I would never amount to anything and said "You would be saving a lot of people a whole lot of time if you dropped out of school right now".

2. Buck

Hitler

And maybe not in that order.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hell, if we're all going this route, I'll go with my eighth-grade gifted teacher who failed me on a "career counseling" assignment because after I answered all the questions on the computer survey, it spit out "professional athlete" and she told me that was too unrealistic. I got so frustrated arguing about it with her -- that was my career goal at the time, of course -- that I blurted out an amazing line of teenage logic, "How dare you tell me I shouldn't pursue my dreams!" I defied her by writing my report on it anyway, and she failed me.

She later told me she was proud of me for setting high standards, but I didn't believe her.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My high-school principal who told me I had anger issues because I got sick of kids picking on me.

She's dead, though, so I'll give her a pass.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

2 former bosses

Dick Cheney

Rumsfeld

Bush

Anyone else responsible for the war in Iraq and/or the 2000 "election."

A former landlord

A former significant other who left me for a third cousin and got married

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

My arch enemy, James Bont.

And anyone who tries to stop me from world domination.

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Stephen A. Smith
    Chris Brown

And the principal and teacher in high school who tried to suspend me for trying to put an article in the school paper for writing about censorship.

I was a senior in high school...
    Principal: Do you even know what censorship means?
    Me: I'm not an idiot, I know what it means.

He then gives a speech as to why I'm not allowed to write about why another student isn't allowed to write anything.
    For the record: The kid in question wrote a CD review each week and the teacher didn't like him EVER (he was a known gang member and she was a known racist). She pulled his review without any just cause and I defended him.

8. micke77

micke77 Member

Steven Roy...thanks for putting down Steven A.Smith....I knew I had left someone out...that never-stop-talking dude needs to be No. 1 on the list. geez, chill, Steven A., chill. or go away.

9. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Donald Trump
    Paris Hilton and her ilk (talentless 'celebrities')
    Lawyers

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Get out. Seriously? In sixth grade? That's horrible.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

All writers of tantric sex guides.[/byh]

12. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Gregg Doyel. :eek:
    (22 posts in and I'm the first? You guys are slipping ... or you're all afraid ;)).
    Screamin' A
    Mike & Mike
    Hell, two-thirds of the ESPN crew
    T.O.
    A-Rod
    Chipper Jones
    More to come

Draft saved Draft deleted