1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will win Dancing with the Stars?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, May 18, 2007.

?

Out of the remaining contestants who will take home that ugly crystal ball trophy?

Poll closed May 25, 2007.
  1. Boxer Laila Ali

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Olympic Speed Skater Apolo Anton Ohno

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. N Syncer Joey Fatone

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. A virtual tie, so Tom Bergeron will take it home in all fairness

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Who cares, I can dance better than them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

There is no thread for this, but since the finals are coming up, it's time to cast your vote.

My thoughts, Laila Ali will deliver a triple knockout and take home that very unique crystal ball trophy.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't watch this show and have only seen maybe two people dance (Joey Fat One, as Kornheiser calls him, and Apolo) while flicking through the channels, but I predicted before the show started that Apolo would win. Athletes tend to do very well at this from what I know of it. So that leaves Laila and Apolo. Seeing Apolo's dance partner only strengthened my prediction. :eek:

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Joey was my choice before the competition started, but mostly because he's got a lot of dance training, what with being in a boy band and on Broadway. In fact I really thought his training should have kept him out of the competition.

I'd go with Ali now. She's got her dad's footwork, and Apolo bugs me.

4. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

This guy would, if he were on the show

[​IMG]

5. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I think America wins.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Laila will not lose.

And I can definitely disco dance better than all them.

7. Cansportschick

For some reason, I think Apolo dances wierd, and it doesn't help that he sports a bandana on the dance floor. I just think Laila will take the trophy.

If they do an "all-star" Dancing with the Stars, they really need to bring back Master P. ;D

8. KG

KG Active Member

Apolo just doesn't look the same without his bandana. I've only seen three episodes of this show and I only watched those to see Apolo dance. ::) That's a little pathetic, but he can still dance better than me.

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Just gotta say, and I feel like a dirty old man for pointing it out, but Ohno's partner is about the cutest/hottest gal you are every likely to find. I say cute because she looks like a young -- very young -- Meg Ryan, and I say hot because when she did that chacha last week, I blushed a little. I used to be ashamed of liking the show, but I'm past it now. There are enough hot girls (Fatone's partner and Cheryl Burke, too) to watch that any male should be excused for tuning in.

10. Cansportschick

Well, I am surprised that the judges were really harsh with Laila's freestyle last night, especially Len Goodman. She and Max do not deserve to be in third place. It is the viewer votes that matter anyway and she has major support.

On another side note, Apolo's dance partner Julianne just broke off her engagement. Apolo has denied dating her though because they have a brother/sister relationship.

The bone I have with the show is that all contestants should not have any form of dance training. With Joey Fatone being part of a boy band, he has a lot of training from choreographers. Also, Drew Lachey (who won with the talented Ms.Cheryl Burke), not only was in the same boat as Joey, but his wife, Lea is a choreographer and she helped him learn his dancing before Dancing with the Stars. I think it is an unfair advantage to the other competitors.

What does everyone else think?

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

For entertainment value, I'll take the "trained" guys over folks like John Ratzenberger. I suppose a ballroom dancing aficionado would say that what Drew Lachey and Joey Fatone have done in the past hardly equates, but I suppose it's like any "sport" in that, I'll bet Albert Pujols would school your average Joe Schmo in a game of basketball. There have to be certain skills/abilities that crossover. But there seems to be just as much advantage for the athletes, what with two in this year's final three and Emmitt Smith having won it last year. I think the ability to move fluidly is probably where it's at, regardless of background.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

And the winners are:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted