1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will have the worst record in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 26, 2007.

?

Man, watching Herm and Hard Knocks is bamboo-under-the-fingernails painful....

1. Kansas City Chiefs

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Oakland Raiders

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. Atlanta Falcons

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Carolina Panthers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cleveland Browns

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  6. Washington Redskins

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Arizona Cardinals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not only did he have no intention of playing Stanton this year, he immediately allowed his resident mad genius Martz (who will be working somewhere else by Christmas) to sign a 28-year-old has-been/never-was (never thrown a regular-season pass), J.T. O'Sullivan, out of the European League, look at him for 5 days in an offseason camp, suddenly decide "he has a better grasp of the offense," then as soon as training camp started, as soon as Stanton came up gimpy one day, immediately stick him on IR (where he will not even be allowed to practice with the team) and install O'Sullivan as the No. 2 QB.

Of course all of this was done in the context that Hall-of-Famer-to-be Jon "Unitas/Elway" Kitna has already been unconditionally guaranteed the starting quarterback for all of this season and next season as well. Regardless if he barfs up another 40 turnovers (INT and fumbles combined), like he did last season.

Stanton would have been available in the fifth round. He will never see any significant time in the league. Essentially Millen just threw away a high second-round draft pick. What does he care, he's already thrown away four or five top-5 picks.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Buh, buh, buh, J.T. O'Sullivan was the NFL Europa Offensive Player of the Year last year .....

3. joe

joe Active Member

I have many reasons to hate the Raiders. Fuck the sliver and gack.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I saw the Lions in person last night. Holy moley do they suck. The Colts are that good, the Lions are that bad.

And where are the Bears on this list? :D

Seriously, I think they're in for a downfall this season. Rex Grossman is the Derrick Turnbow of QBs.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I will say this about Kitna. He was 4th in the NFL in passing yards. And most of those turnovers occured because of the o-line which lost a lot guys to injury. 4 o-linemen went down and they and they were forced to start people from the practice squad. If you lose 4 starting o-linemen during one season, you might as well just quit because you won't get anything done.

6. Shocking that this list doesn't have Miami. Pubert, what makes you so sure the Dolphins will win more than 4 games?

7. Chuck~Taylor

Well that defense is pretty damn good. And Ronnie Brown looks like he's ready to go off this season.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The same Ronnie Brown who's going to lose touches to Jesse Chatman? That Ronnie Brown?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I still think the Vikings have to be in the conversation.

Yes, the D will be solid, but at some point you have to score to win games, and the Queens are starting Tarvaris Jackson at QB.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Losing touches? I think Saban's was just trying the popular two headed monster scheme. Plus the o-line didn't help.

I don't they'll need to pass with Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson back there :D. They also play in the NFC north so I think they'll be fine.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Saban's not the coach anymore. Chatman wasn't there last year.

Cam Cameron is talking about splitting carries between Brown and Chatman.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Glad to see the Falcons are gathering steam.

Draft saved Draft deleted