1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will draft Tebow?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by digitalsportsdaily, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I was at some Sunday night games in Jacksonville in the late '90s and the place was always jumping.

The team has been some of the dullest dishwater in the league to watch over most of the past decade. That's not helping.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, he would probably be a really good CFL QB. Nothing wrong with that.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If he's throwing to Dez Bryant in Denver next year, then McDaniels isn't coaching.

4. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I have a feeling a team in the bottom of the first round is quietly coveting him and will pull the trigger way too soon.

You can never count out Oakland, of course.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well he did have a great combine

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I can see Tebow as a specialty player. Bring him at QB on 3rd-and-2 and give him a run/pass option. Lots of teams use alternate QBs on short yardage. I don't see him being a full-time NFL starter, but I'm not saying he can't find a place to play.

Especially given the current lack of quality QB play around the league.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I've seen enough different style quarterbacks succeed in the NFL, most with obvious warts, that I;m not going to complete count anyone out from having success as ling as they have the drive. Give him the shot and if he fails, well he fails, just don't spend a high pick on him.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

From 2006-2008 the Jaguars sold more tickets and had a higher percentage of tickets sold than the Cowboys.

2006-19th in league
    2007-22nd in league
    2008-19th in league

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Tebow will be great as an Iowa Barnstormers quarterback. Oh wait.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Doubt it. Ever see Drew Brees do a pregame pep talk? Ray Lewis? Tebow will be smart enough to know his place as a rookie.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's not holier-than-thou. He tells people how he lives his life. Doesn't tell them how to live theirs. Go read any news conference or interview he's ever done.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And if Meyer had kept him on the bench as a freshman to "wait his turn" behind Leak, Florida would have been in the Outback Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted