1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will draft Tebow?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by digitalsportsdaily, Apr 14, 2010.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

and if you're building your organization that way, you may as well leave for LA now.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You could put $30 million in a barrel and set in on fire and it would help the Raiders more than drafting Jamarcus Russell did.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

But if they did this entire subject would be moot. [/badattemptatajokefont]

4. Mizzougrad96

Jacksonville has the worst fans in the NFL and it's not close. The only time all season that place has a decent football atmosphere is when Florida is playing Georgia. The last time I was there they were giving away tickets in the parking lot and there were at least 15,000 open seats.

Tebow is the most famous college player since Herschel Walker and he is a God in that state. I'd bet they'd add 3,000 to 5,000 season tickets within the first week if he was drafted there, even if he was third on the depth chart.

That said, a NFL franchise should be worried about winning, not selling tickets.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Winning, is what sells tickets. I don't doubt tthey'd get a bump but that bump would go away real quick if they don't win

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The Raiders will take him with their first pick.

And move him to wide receiver.

7. Mizzougrad96

The Jags didn't sell tickets when they were winning.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

than get them the fuck out of there

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Gruden's interviews with the QBs is the best stuff I've seen on the WWL since my show there was cancelled. His busting on Colt McCoy today was really funny, and McCoy's bitchy little response was eye-opening.

10. digitalsportsdaily

digitalsportsdaily New Member

I think a team with a conservative fan base my actually have this line of reasoning

11. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

12. digitalsportsdaily

digitalsportsdaily New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted