1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will draft Tebow?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by digitalsportsdaily, Apr 14, 2010.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not the cowboys.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5082564

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He should be drafted in the third or fourth round.

He will be taken in the top 50 picks.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I suspect Tebow will have better quarterback numbers in his first five years than say JaMarcus Russell.
    Some team might take a chance on Tebow in the first, Jacksonville was an always popular choice, more for the ticket sales than his actual playing impact.
    Given the history of first-rounders, ticket sales are just as good a reason.

4. Mizzougrad96

Agree completely, but the Jags need to trade down to the end of the first.

I would be very curious what drafting Tebow would do to season ticket sales in Jax.

The problem will be that even if Tebow is seen as a project and is brought along as slowly as possible, the crazies will be calling for him to start the second Garrard struggles. He could be the best and worst thing to happen to the Jaguars.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

To sell tickets he has to play. If he can't play, nobody is buying tickets to watch him hold a clipboard.

6. digitalsportsdaily

digitalsportsdaily New Member

His parents Bob and Pam will conduct a parenting seminar titled "Bringing up Tim Tebow" if anyone is intersted

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100414/SPORTS06/100414048/Tebow+event+at+Lipscomb+nearly+sold+out

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Oh come on, Tebow will have a great career at quarterback playing for the Toronto Argonauts.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Sorry, I guess I should said pre-draft hype, but I thought that was assumed. I don't remember Eric Crouch getting this kind of hype, and he had a comparable collegiate career, including the Heisman.

EDIT: Ah crap, someone beat me to the Eric Crouch thing before I read the rest of the posts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Even if he doesn't start, he'll probably play 4-6 snaps a game in short yardage and goal line situations. One 2-yard TD run is all it will take for Tebow fevah! to hit Jacksonville.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He gets the hype because ESPN has declared him one of their favorites. And everyone knows that ESPN is the master of the universe.

Frankly, I don't care where he goes. The draft is such a crapshoot, anyways.

11. Mizzougrad96

Lesson One: Don't have an abortion.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I suspect you could have better quarterback number in your first five years than Jamarcus Russell.

Draft saved Draft deleted