1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will draft Tebow?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by digitalsportsdaily, Apr 14, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

A pretty good spot player, if I recall, but whatever. My point still stands. No one should be miffed at how much pub he's getting in the lead-up to the draft.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

...and then a Heisman winner, championship game winner, and took his team undefeated until the SEC championship game before losing to the eventual champs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's as annoying as Rod and Tod Flanders, but he was an incredibly accomplished college player. That's just a fact.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Without a doubt he was accomplished but the crap that he won two NC's is garbage and people saying he was the best QB or football ever is a joke. Matt Leinart was more accomplished. He won two titles, lost another, won a Heisman and went 37-2 and was never mentioned in the same breadth as Christ.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So we went from how much pub Tebow is getting to how many titles he "won" to Tebow vs. Leinart in less than five posts? That's impressive.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We don't need to recite the innumerable college QBs (including a raft of Heisman winners) who racked up a ton of wins in the colleges, and couldn't
    get themselves arrested in the NFL. Here's another.

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Not disagreeing, but the question was "why is he getting so much publicity?" I think his college resume is part of the answer, along with curing lepers and goody-goody image. But so is the intrigue of how exactly he'll do in the NFL.

It's an interesting point, though. Eric Crouch, Tommie Frazier, and other successful, but more run-oriented QBs were pretty written off as NFL QBs instantly.

But Tebow has gone from a guy who's only going to play tight end, to a first- or second-round draft pick (according to some). The unknowns are what make it compelling.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Winner.

Fuck him.

I also completely agree with the Matt Leinart post.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Tebow being considered a 2nd (or 1st) rounder speaks to the overall shittiness of a large chunk of NFL QBs.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's true. When guys like Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, Matt Leinart have gone in the top 10, and others like JP Losman, Rex Grossman, Cade McNown etc. have gone in the first round, it lets you know that picking a quarterback is probably more of a guessing game than any other position on the field and if you get a team that really likes Tebow and can afford to make a risky pick at the end of the first round or early in the second round, you can justify doing it.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I think the whole Tebow hype thing is a bit overblown. He will not get picked in the first round and any team that does take him will already have a solid QB on the roster and he will sit for at least a couple of years. If Qb doesn't work out, he can always move into a TE or even Safety position.

And the Gruden stuff maybe kind of cool, but its not anything all that different from the dozens of QB camps across this country. Tebow is just working on mechanics (which is harder to change than you might think) and watching a lot of game film.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

And he was 5-feet nothing and a 100 and nothing and had hardly a speck of athletic ability and you hung in with the best college football team in the land for two years!

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The Steelers might draft Tebow in an attempt to comply with the NFL's quarterback morality cap.

Draft saved Draft deleted