1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will draft Tebow?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by digitalsportsdaily, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And neither of them must have gotten their name in the paper that often. Otherwise, they would have won college scholarships.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Is that the term? Win? I've always used earned. Because it's not really a contest.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The way things are going, the Broncos will take him with their newly acquired second-round pick.

4. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

What's so juvenile about it? You have to sell yourself somehow. It's a lot better than some other personality traits guys bring to NFL locker rooms.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe if he beat up his girlfriend and dragged her down a flight of stairs he'd have NFL cred and wouldn't be laughed at.

The contempt people hold for "basically good guys" is unbelievable sometimes. And spare me the "I'm just tired of reading how great he is" nonsense. Put down the magazine and put the TV on mute if it bothers you that much. That's what 90 percent of this business is: Whoreing for athletes and teams.

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I have no problem with Tebow being a good guy, although he needs to relax with all the Jesus stuff. That can rub anyone the wrong way.

I guess I'm just miffed by how much pub this guy has gotten for being what is believed to be a second- or third-round pick at best. Yes, he's versitile, and yes, he'll be a decent player on a 53-man squad, but where? He wants to play quarterback, but he's just not cut out to do so in the NFL. Sure, he set a lot of college records, but so did Timmy Chang.

If there's a sleeper pick at QB, I'd keep your eye on Tony Pike, who has virtually been flying under the radar. He always impressed me.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cowboys, Jerrah! doing that drunken spiel was a smokescreen.

8. digitalsportsdaily

digitalsportsdaily New Member

Thanks for noticing the logo.

You can't tell me that the Eagles weren't doing Roger Goodell a favor by wasting $5 million on Vick?
    They alreay had two quarterbacks

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Coaches love Tebow. He scares the fuck out of general managers.

There have been so many awful QB picks in the first and second round the last several years that I really wouldn't blame a team for taking a chance on the guy.

Would taking Tebow at the end of the first round really be any worse than drafting JaMarcus Russell or Alex Smith at the top of the draft?

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You're miffed at how much pub a two-time national champion QB and a Heisman winner (three-time finalist) on a dominant SEC team has gotten? Really?

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I have contempt for holier-than-thou types, of which Tebow is one.

Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. But wear a condom.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He wasn't a two-time national champion QB. Chris Leak was the starting QB and that is one of the reasons people are miffed about all the attention Tebow receives. He was a situational spot player in 2006.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted