1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will draft Tebow?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by digitalsportsdaily, Apr 14, 2010.

1. digitalsportsdaily

digitalsportsdaily New Member

This one has been boggling my mind for a few weeks now. First we hear that Tebow was a third-rounder, now some mock drafters have him going as high as the Top Ten.
    I get the feeling that the NFL marketing machine will see to it that one of the owners takes a shot at him in the first-round.

http://digitalsportsdaily.com/nfl/draft/380-tim-tebow-declines-nfl-draft-appearance-.html

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

With my luck, the Browns.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Jon Gruden. With his ESPN issued draft machine. Although it is a cool segment.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This NFL marketing machine you speak of: How does it get a team to use a valuable draft pick on a player the team doesn't value that highly? And how does that benefit the NFL?

If Tebow goes in the first round, it will be because a team really values him that highly. First round picks are worth too much to NFL teams.

My guess is that he'll go in the second or third round. He's big, moves well and he's won a lot. There are a handful of teams that place a lot of weight on the "winner" thing. But he throws with a hitch -- and even with the changes he rolled out, his motion looks very unnatural now. Also, teams are going to be gunshy on a player from that Urban Meyer offense after seeing Alex Smith's adjustment.

Only a team that won't be counting on needing him on the field in the next two years should draft him. I'll take a guess and say maybe second round to New England.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Early second round.

And I agree with BudCrew. Pretty cool series of segments with Gruden and the QB prospects.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Fuck Tebow. The kid's going to get laughed out of whatever NFL locker room he enters with that "no one will work harder" juvenile crap of his.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hate those hard workers.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yes. They've certainly been howling at Kurt Warner all these years.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Where will Tebow get drafted?

Who the fuck cares?

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Nice plug by the way.

P.S. You should change the name of your blog from the Digital Sports Daily to the Ginormous Font Daily.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Vince Papale worked hard.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not as hard as Rudy.

Draft saved Draft deleted