1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will be watching ABC's remake of "V?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Loved this as a kid. Wife is already rolling her eyes at the idea of watching it.

Jane Badler was great in this -- but horrid in the Mission: Impossible remake. It was as if she was given the conversion.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's the one.

(And that second pic is an outstanding get.)

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that one on Google and just had to share it.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

First-episode excerpt on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/watch/104096/v-a-first-look-at-v

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Original V marathon currently on SyFy. It's as gloriously awful as I remembered.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Sweet. Thanks for the heads-up.

7. outofplace

I caught the end when they replayed "The Final Battle" last night. Truly craptacular.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It was the talk of the fourth grade.

If they avoid the Christ child conceit, it has a fighting chance. That's when it really went off the rails.

I still have the novelizations.

9. outofplace

Exactly. Visitors eating live rodents? A must. Lizard-like appearance? Sure, though better disguises would help. Just spare is the magical interspecies child.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Okay, episode last night. Thoughts?

Some of mine....

1. Loved when the TV reporter asked Anna why all the aliens were certifiably hot and she said, "You don't look so bad yourself."

2. They got to the reptile part with no foreshadowing at all. Meeting of the resistance group, and the guy starts calling them "reptilian." At least in the original 80s series, there were some subtle hints, like the guy at the party noticing that the Visitors never ate anything cooked, and made the parakeets nervous.

3. I finally remembered where I had seen the blonde FBI agent before: she was the bi-curious chick in the movie Gia. Hot scenes of her and Angelina Jolie grappling naked.

4. They're reversing genders on some key roles. Marc Singer's spot is now held by the female FBI agent. The human-lizard sex (and possible child?) will have the FBI agent's kid paired with the hot blonde alien.

5. Nice touch to reveal that there have always been lizards among us, and their advance work was to totally fuck everything up in the form of wars, insurrection and bad government. So in this movie, AIG and the Taliban are lizards? (Go ahead, libs ... suggest that George W. Bush is one too).

11. roxraidersfan

roxraidersfan Member

George Bush -- Hell. What about Carl Rove, and we've already seen his slimy skin.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Donald Trump.

Definitely, no question, absolutely a lizard.

Draft saved Draft deleted