1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will be the Republican VP nominee?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I read something in the Washington Post the other day that was breaking down possible VP candidates.

Christie and Rubio would be no-brainers, but it's hard to imagine either saying yes, although I could see Christie surprising some...

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why would Rubio say no?

Not challenging you, just wondering.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Minus some skeletons, Rubio would be the choice. Republican logic dictates Hispanic Nominee = Hispanic Votes.

That strategy worked so well with Palin and the female vote last time.

4. Mizzougrad96

He's said he would say no.

5. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, no kidding... :D

Rubio would get the more conservative republicans behind Romney, who would be plotting his assassination as soon as they won. :D

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They all do, though. Until their country calls them and they patriotically answer the call.

The New Yorker had a recent piece that was skeptical about his ability to draw in Hispanic voters. He's had a well-publicized spat with Univision, for example, over his immigration stance.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Jeb Bush.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wouldn't accept it in 17,023 million years.

9. Mizzougrad96

That would be an interesting one. I think you need a big name (Christie, Ryan, Rubio) or someone who can presumably help deliver a swing state. Ryan and Rubio would meet both of those requirements.

10. Mizzougrad96

Wouldn't be a bad choice, but won't be asked.

11. Christie will be Treasury Secretary. That would allow him to stay home with his family and yet play to his strengths.

Rubio would be good choice for VP but Paul Ryan could be darkhorse. Ryan would play very well with Conservative base and he would destroy Biden in any debates.

12. Mizzougrad96

I think Ryan would be a great choice. He would do all of the things you said as well as be an indication that the economy would be Romney's No. 1 priority.

Draft saved Draft deleted