1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Will be the Next Coach at Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 21, 2009.

1. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I heard Kelly hands out Plan B to his players on Sundays.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No need to be sarcastic.

I don't know anything about Kelly -- let alone his views on abortion.

I'm just saying that ND will look to someone who will represent their values. And there's nothing wrong with that.

3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Their values should be winning football games, not preaching against abortion. Would you think it was ridiculous if a school decided not to bring in a coach if he was pro-life?

4. mb

mb Active Member

Um ... you do know what Notre Dame is, right?

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

A private Catholic school can most certainly use that criteria to make its decision.

6. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Hey, they have the right, I just think it's stupid if they don't hire him because of that.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If he could go 11-1, Notre Dame would hire Dr. Kevorkian as coach. Let's get real here.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I think Dr. K likes the wishbone offense.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Somehow I suspect it's more their specific choice of values that bothers you, not the fact that they are preaching values in general. Of course schools should consider the values they want to represent when hiring their most visible employees.

10. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

No, they wouldn't. Again, they have lost literally millions of dollars over their choice of graduation speakers. The newly appointed Bishop of the Fort Wayne dioceses, was selected (in part) with an eye on keeping a better handle on things at ND. You can agree that it's a stupid criteria (and...I do agree), but if a candidate for the position, was truly on record as pro-abortion, he would NOT get the job.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fine. So they're looking for a pedophile who can really recruit.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He has to be able to connect with kids these days. And also get them to come to school there.

Draft saved Draft deleted