1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Will be the Next Coach at Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 21, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I wish it would be Gruden to get him off TV. To piggyback on what MG said, Kelly's getting the upgrades he wants at Cincy; he'd probably be better off sticking around.

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Is Gerry Faust still around?

3. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Dig up Knute Rockne. He couldnt be any worse than what we have now.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's the story on Gruden's interest in the job? Some have said he's campaigned for it, but his recent contract extension at ESPN would indicate he's happy where he is.

He had to know there was a good chance that Charlie would be gone, so why sign an extension now if you're truly interested in the ND job?

5. YankeeFan

Is Skip Holtz a good coach? He's an alum and I'm sure it would be his dream job.

Coughlin could be out at the Giants after this year. Any chance either party would be interested in the other?

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Yeah, that criteria worked quite well in selecting Weis.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'd be shocked. What's happening is hardly his fault. The DC is simple, and a lot of
    injury-prone guys are getting struck down. My only regret about this season is that
    there are plenty of alibis for Eli to lean on.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That excuse is pathetic. "We think he might be a good fit for us, as a football coach, but he's pro-choice so he can go to hell. We don't want him."

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hey, some Domers were ticked that Obama came to give a graduation speech because he was pro-choice. And he's the President!

Don't discount that some heavy-duty Notre Dame alum$$$ are big pro-lifers.

10. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't think Gruden has EVER had any real interest in the job. He's a "local" guy. South Bend Clay, class of 79, while his daddy was on staff at ND. The "locals"....although not necessarily the ND powers that be... have always been fascinated / enamored of him. Of course, I may be proven wrong, but he's an NFL guy.

11. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Ticked?!?! Seriously, you would have thought the world was coming to an end, around here. People lost their minds, over the President coming. Bishop even refused to attend graduation. Just crazy...

12. YankeeFan

As a Catholic school, the University is well within its rights to choose someone who's morals represent the University's. The football coach is a leader of young men and should be instilling good morals in those young men.

Whether someone's abortion views should play into that may be questionable, but the broader point remains.

What he said. It was a huge deal. They lost tons of money.

The ND President is doing his penance by going to this years march in D.C.

Draft saved Draft deleted