1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Will be the Next Coach at Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 21, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Charlie's got to be toast.

Who will be next? Is it still a prestigious job? Will they have a large pool to choose from or will they be lucky to get someone good?

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Ty Willingham.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Eric Mangini.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Brett Favre.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They'll be lucky to get someone mediocre. Forget good. Gruden's out. Meyer would have to far dumber than he is. I'm not sure Kelly at Cincinnati should want this job, or will.

6. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

I was just about to start this topic on here so I'm glad somebody beat me to it.

I've been a ND fan my whole life but it's been hard being a fan lately. Something has to change. This is absolutely pathetic. Did you see fat ass Weis blow off the postgame interview? He answered one question and then just walked away from the NBC girl and said "No more that's it." What an ass. At least lose with some fucking class you piece of shit. Way to represent us and give people even more reason to hate us. Fuck Weis. Get him out. Now. Don't even let him stick around for the pathetic bowl game that we'll go to ............ and lose.

7. YankeeFan

What do people think Urban Meyer would have been able to do at ND had he taken the job there instead of at Florida?

He's obviously had much more success at Florida than Charlie had at ND.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Not lose to Navy twice, for starters.

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

And at Bowling Green...and at Utah...

10. YankeeFan

Was raised an ND fan by me "subway alumni" father, and my older brother went there. My youngest brother is a die hard fan.

I root for them & am happy if they win (the National Championship), but I don't get broken up if they lose.

The way things are going, I'm glad they got beat. It's been a disaster & if this is what they needed to decide to let Charlie go, then it's worth it.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Supposed they've crossed Kelly off their list for reputed moral or political failings (reportedly he was quoted at some point as being pro-abortion).

12. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Bucky driving for the go ahead, fumbles the ball away at midfield. NU has to kill 1:44...

Draft saved Draft deleted