1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will be the coach?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Osborne is dumb if he chooses Turner Gill over Bo Pelini.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

For that matter, does Rick Neuheisel try to get back in the college game?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I believe that the Lincoln paper is reporting that Pellini has already been contacted. Got to figure that he's the leading candidate there.
    Venables at OU will get a shot, probably Arkansas. Given everything that has happened there, no way does an experienced head coach take that job.
    Tuberville will be at A&M, Petrino leaves Atlanta for Auburn.
    LSU hires Gruden when Miles leaves for Michigan. Nutt lands at Baylor, now that Singletary doesn't wan't it or or maybe a higher profile gig. I think that UCLA's AD has connections back to Arkansas, so if Dorrell gets fired...

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

5. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

If UCLA fires Dorrell, I think Slick Rick's name will surface there because he's an alum. But considering the damage that he caused at Washington, which set the program years, I cannot envision him back in the college game as a head coach. At least not yet.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He will take all five at once and kick your ass while doing it.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's what he says this week, anyway. In fact, I heard him say he had no idea any of those jobs were even available.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Add Mississippi to the list. Orgeron fired.

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Why does everybody assume Michigan even wants Les Miles? Sure, he's an alum. But how good is he really? To lose to Kentucky and get punked by Arkansas at home with everything on the line is a joke with the talent he's got.

Michigan just spent a decade tolerating a coach that has one big brain fart a year. Why go after one who has proven time and again that he can't keep it together for an entire season even with the best talent on the field every Saturday?

I don't know who's going where, but I just don't think Miles to Michigan is a slam dunk from Michigan's perspective.

Isn't Jon Gruden's name being thrown out there for some of these jobs? I could see him at Michigan or UCLA. Jim Grobe to Nebraska sounds like a good fit. People have been talking about Tuberville to A&M for awhile, but Tommy is probably just looking to get another raise out of Auburn. I'd think a Jeff Tedford or Bobby Petrino would be a logical direction for A&M.

What about Spurrier? I think he probably realizes that it's never going to happen at South Carolina. If I were UCLA, I'd at least put in a phone call. The weather is great in SoCal, and there's plenty of golf courses for him to play. It's UCLA's only shot to crawl out from USC's shadow.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Buffalo's coach, Turner Gill, will be Nebraska's coach.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They'd be better off with Pelini... Gill might be a good OC, but no way is he ready to be the head coach at Nebraska after two seasons in Buffalo...

Draft saved Draft deleted