1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will be Super Bowl halftime act? Yes.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 12, 2009.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

OK, so let me get this straight. The Who's on first ...

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Secondly, fuck you all. Buffett is greatness.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No. Guess Who

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yes.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows (Whoever did the 2010 entry jumped the gun.)

Weird, but Billy Joel isn't on the list. I specifically remember him being interviewed before a SB by a local radio station and saying he was "no matinee idol" in reponse to a question. Maybe he was only singing the national anthem.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Sorry, it's really just half a Who now. Without Entwistle and Moon, it's just not the Who for me.

It's more, well, Daltrey and Townshend.

And I'm disappointed it's not going to be Yes. Would have loved to hear a one song, Starship Trooper, performance.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Up With People are sucking dick for beer money these days ... I think the NFL needs to re-embrace them.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No one's mentioned Rush

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

After Springsteen I figure it will be a slow decline for the halftime show. You've got to think - who were these farts listening to in college 20 to 30 years ago?

Timberlake and Janet Jackson have been banned. Most of the other suspects have already performed at the Super Bowl in some capacity.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

IIRC, he sang the national anthem before the Steelers-Seahawks game.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd prefer Trooper myself. And they did play a Grey Cup final.

And Billy Joel would be fine, as long as they didn't have him driving on stage.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Billy Joel did the anthem for the second Niners-Bengals Super Bowl.

Tina Turner wouldn't be bad. I'm surprised the planners haven't made more of an effort to get an act that has wide female appeal. Fleetwood Mac seems to be right in the pocket.

Draft saved Draft deleted