1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will be Mitt's running mate?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 14, 2012.

?

Who will Mitt Romney choose as his prospective VP?

1. Chris Christie

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Rob Portman

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Marco Rubio

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  4. Paul Ryan

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Other

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  6. Tim Pawlenty

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  7. Bob McDonnell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anybody who has been paying even the slightest attention over the last 80 years knows precisely what those plans are:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

even though the GOP tends not to pick VP candidates from swings states (and lately not even from big states- were they really worried about Wyoming and Alaska and those three electoral votes each that they needed to tab Cheney and Palin?) but this time I think they need to consider it. Romney needs to essentially run the table among Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio and Pennsylvania. FL is the biggest in that group and the President taking FL makes things very difficult for Romney. That's why Rubio might be the best choice, especially given his tea party bona fides

If I had to pick a Florida republican, I'd take Crist (he was governor when I lived there and I always liked the guy), but the GOP already has a moderate at the top of the ticket so I doubt they would

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ah, McDonnell. Knew I was forgetting someone obvious.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I guessed Rubio early on and for now, I'm sticking with him for the reason you mentioned.

Portman is safe, but he budges the needle not one bit, not even in his home state, according to some polls I've seen.

5. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

6. Starman

I think McDonnell is in trouble from the base on his waffling semi-evasive response to VaginalProbeGate, because the proper response from the Shiite Repubes is to stonewall, double down, counterattack and ram, ram, ram ram ram whenever any opposition arises to the ALEC agenda.

You are supposed to never ever acknowledge for even a split second the opponent could have anything even remotely approaching a valid point. When you have the sledgehammer in your hand, you are to ram ram ram ram ram, or be accused of not being sufficiently 'pure.'

Since if anything one of Romney's biggest problems with the base is his propensity to tiptoe around things, McDonnell will not help in this area.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

He gives the vibe of a blandly effective guy.

But running the OMB for George W. Bush isn't exactly something he'll want to bold on the resume.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Starman

I thought that was Mitch Daniels, but it's hardly surprising two refugees from the catastropic Bush (Mis)Administration are being held up by the Repube Party as financial geniuses.

"Cut Taxes On The Rich, Cut Everything For Everybody Else."

Yeahhh, takes real economic deep thinkers to come up with innovative stuff like that.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why would the GOP running mate move to Delaware next year?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Because Christine Whatshername is a stone hottie.

As for the poll, Chris Matthews was pimping John Thune today, which would certainly meet the boring white guy test.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Does Mitt Romney need steroids?

Draft saved Draft deleted