1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was your favorite team to play as in Tecmo Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beaker, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Exactly. Without Tecmo, there is no Madden.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Don't forget about Stephone Paige.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It was ahead of its time in so many ways.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I didn't. Nor did I forget about Robb Thomas.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I played the Saints, which was my team before the Panthers.

Dalton Hilliard was an underrated RB, and Craig Heyward, when in good to excellent shape, was almost impossible to tackle one-on-one. Eric Martin was a dependable WR.

But outside of the LBs' sure tackling, no team speed whatsoever. The Dome Patrol was much better than that game gave it credit for.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Me and a friend of mine are such losers that roughly six months ago we challenged each other to name every BACKUP QB in Tecmo Super Bowl.

I got all but two. :'( :-X :-[

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I had a game for my Apple II-e computer in 1987 called MicroLeague Baseball that kept stats (if you bought the owner/GM floppy disk add-on.) Not sure if it applies, but never a bad time to mention that wonderful game. :D

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'd play with the Saints, Raiders, Bears, Lions and Dolphins mostly. I liked playing with the Saints because they were really balanced on offense.

And like Sam Mills said, the Dome Patrol was vastly underrated in that game.

Tecmo Bowl and STB are, without a doubt, my favorite sports games ever. There are still times when I'll sit down and play a full season without stopping.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, my team here was not the Steelers, despite Rod Woodson, Greg Lloyd and Kevin Greene. Instead, I went with the Lions (Barry Sanders), Falcons (Andre Rison) and Oilers (everyone). Love those run-and-shoot teams.

10. I liked being the Raiders - Bo left, Bo right, Bo left, Bo right ...

My friend and I also had a 24-hour session in high school ... I took the Patriots because I was a little bit better. I still remember dropping back with Grogan or his backup and just standing in the pocket for like 30 seconds as the wide receiver ran down the field unguarded.

Then I'd hit the pass button and watch the big arching pass either go out of bounds or over the wide receiver's head. Must have happened 8 or 9 times a game.

I don't remember the game keeping stats, though. That must have come in later versions.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Kansas City most of the time because Jonthan Hayes was cool.

But San Fran for this reason alone:

"49ers from midfield, Montana takes the snap drops back ... he's running toward his own end zone! Here comes the pressure! Montana in the back of his own end zone. Fires the ball! Deep! Jerry Rice is open ... the ball is at midfield ... Rice waiting in the end zone alone, nobody near him ... TOUCHDOWN! Montana threw that ball with pinpoint accuracy for 120 yards!"

12. haha, now I remember doing that, too. That was fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted