1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was your favorite team to play as in Tecmo Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beaker, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

http://www.knobbe.org/mx/index.php?sid=7179dbc8c35ed8b9da61c86dd17fa21c

http://www.knobbe.org/mx/viewforum.php?f=55

You will need an emulator, NESticle, to play.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How in the crap do you throw?

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

QB Browns, baby!

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Love Nesticle.

You can also download different versions of RBI Baseball somewhere. Got the link at home, so I'll post it later if someone wants it/reminds me.

That site gives you a way to create/edit your own version of RBI, so if you download the version with 1920 rosters ... that's mine. 8)

5. I used the Giants, Lions, Raiders and 49ers mostly.

I'll echo all the love for L.T., who really was the MVP of the game. His ability to block virtually every field goal and extra point was huge. I had those games when the computer just decided to screw you (it picked all your plays correctly and would get positive yardage even when you picked its plays) and still win solely because a few blocked extra points were the difference.

6. Jims242

Jims242 Member

For some reason, I remember Neal Anderson being very good with the Bears on Tecmo.

7. That was a great game. I agree with a couple others on this thread that the Houston Oilers were pretty much unstoppable. Great uniforms, too.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Houston Oilers. Houston Oilers. Houston Oilers, Number One!.....

Spread the field, snap the ball, count to three and hit Haywood Jeffires deep on the fly pattern for six.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Is that one of those unstoppable plays, where if you're playing someone the computer literally won't let the defender stop it? We called those puss plays in college.

Maybe those were just in the original, which I like better than Super Tecmo.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, it was stoppable -- especially if/when Jeffires got hurt.
    But the receivers were Jeffires, Ernest Givens, Curtis Duncan and Drew Hill with Lorenzo White running and Warren Moon throwing... all offense ... I think my defensive player was Ray Childress,until he got hurt...which was often because I rode him like a rented mule.

11. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I always picked the Dolphins. Marino had a super-fast release, and his receivers were great. It didn't matter that the running game sucked because I never ran. Just passed, passed passed. And Offerdahl was underrated on defense.

And yes, I still play on Nesticle. Best NES game ever, by far.

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Last year, I downloaded ROMs of the following Tecmo Bowl hacks:

- '06 NFL rosters
    - '05 CFL rosters
    - XFL

The CFL Tecmo Bowl is the most enjoyable by far.

Draft saved Draft deleted