1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was your favorite team to play as in Tecmo Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beaker, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Batman, you mean Tommy Agee couldn't lead the Cowboys in place of Emmitt? My god, talk about a dropoff.

The 110-yard passes were exhilirating and horrifying. One game against my friend, he had the Steelers and I had the Browns. Bubby Brister and Steelers offense did nothing the whole game. Absolutely nothing. He completed two passes: a 100-yard Hail Mary at the end of the first half to give him a 7-6 lead. Then, with me leading 13-7, a 100-yard hail mary on the last play of the game. Both went to Eric Green. God I was pissed..

Forgot about Neal Anderson, he was a stud.

There's a youtube clip of someone who put the rosters for the Cardinals and Vikings from 2003, when the Cards beat the Vikes on the last play of the game. He runs the same tecmo play the real Cardinals ran, and it has the Vikings' radio call.

And was it just our games, or did Dave Waymer for the Niners lead the league in interceptions every damn year? And he'd have like 15 each season. Yet if you played with the niners, he sucked.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, it was the same usual suspects who led the league in INT's-guys like Waymer (who really wasn't rated all that highly) and SD's Gill Byrd, who I always used on defense when I played as the Chargers.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

STOP EVERYTHING, DOC. You gotta find that link, and post it. (Please?)

4. ostentatious

ostentatious Member

you can get 100 sacks with pretty much anyone in the game...pick the lower of the two middle linebackers and blitz up the middle, taking the bottom 'a' gap (between the center and the guard) if i remember right. pretty much unstoppable...well right up until they toss it to the outside and one of their olineman shucks you about 25 yards in the wash.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

very underrated, but still solid--Kevin Mack of the Browns. You could hit the "A" button and he would fling guys in all directions.

Favorite play was the swing pass with the Bears, I would roll out to left and run it like an option (throw just before I got hit).

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

A quick nose guard could get you tons of sacks as well.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Brent Perriman or something there abouts was a good backup for Dallas. Typically pretty fast, but had a tendency to fumble.

And there was one play I could run every single time for a first down, even if that was what you called to defend. I could always get the play off just in time for an 11 yard gain to the tight end. Hell sometimes on 3rd and that amount or less I'd hope the computer would call it since it was a guaranteed lock.

And yes, post the mother fuckin link!

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've got it bookmarked at home. I'll post it sometime after midnight CDT.

10. Turbo

Turbo Guest

As a Niners fanboy, that was my team on TSB. But Buffalo wasn't a bad second option. Thurman Thomas was a stud on that game.

I played in a TSB tournament in college. I drew the Chargers as my team. Relying on Marion Butts, I worked my way to the Final Four. Ran into Buffalo and couldn't stop Thomas, but I kept it close before forcing things late and lost 35-21. Thomas, Kelly and the rest of the Bills studs were all in "excellent" condition when we checked at the end of the game. Butts and Humphries were in "poor condition." If not for that, I'm convinced I would have won the whole damn tournament with the Chargers.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Chargers had a lame ass playbook. The first thing I always did was put in better plays.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted